Policies and Procedures
Policies and procedures are instrumental in all companies despite the size. So why is this important to you? Simply put, well-written policies and procedures clearly layout roles, responsibilities, expectations and predefined limits that employees and managers can clearly understand. Policies and procedures allow management to guide operations without constant management intervention and gives consistent guidelines for everyone. Constant intervention directly correlates to an increase in operating expenses that ultimately deteriorate the company’s profitability.
If you already have policies and procedures in place, here are a few signs that your policies and procedures need to be reviewed and updated:
- An increase in the number of accidents, higher failure rates or costly overruns.
- More staff questions on ‘normal operations’ or a feeling of general confusion within a department or division.
- Employees may also be demonstrating inconsistency in their job performance and there may be an increase in the workforce’s stress levels.
- Increase in customers complaints.
- Policies and procedures haven’t been updated in a few years or ever
- Increase in absenteeism, or turnover ratio
- Unsure what legislative compliance affects your business, and if you are compliant
There are many policies that need to be in place and consistently reviewed in order to meet legislative compliance. Optimum HR Solutions will help to ensure that all of your companies policies and procedures are compliant, and will update and review as needed. This means we will take on the responsibility of keeping up to date on any legislative compliance or best practice changes, and will make the changes to current policies and procedures or create new ones so our clients can focus on the main business practices.